Article from: WhichCar
Easy to make bread on-the-go.
INGREDIENTS – Enough to make two medium loaves:
- 1kg strong white bread flour
- 3 tspn dried yeast and 1 tspn honey
- 3 cups warm water (approx)
- 2 tspn salt
- 2 tblspn oil
- Extra flour for kneading
- Dissolve the yeast in one cup of the warm water, along with the honey. Mix well.
- Place half of the flour only in a large bowl and add the yeast/water mix. Mix really well to make a thick batter.
- First rise: Cover with some cling wrap (spray the surface against the dough with a little oil – it will help stop the dough sticking) and leave the batter to double in size in a warm place.
- When the batter has risen, add the salt and oil along with the remaining half of the flour. Mix to combine and form a dough – it will be a bit sticky. Turn onto a floured board and knead for just a few
- minutes, adding extra flour if the dough is too sticky to handle.
- Second rise: Spray the inside of the bowl lightly with some oil and put the dough back into the bowl, cover with cling wrap (oil it again) and leave the dough in a warm place to rise until double in size.
- Third rise: Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes, then divide in two. Place into lightly oiled bread tins and leave to rise and double in size again before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 210°C (410°F). Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, then remove the bread from the tins and return to the oven for another five minutes at 180°C (350°F) to brown the bottom of the bread. Cool on wire racks.