Article from ARB 4X4 Culture
Grab a pack of day-old donuts on special from the shops before you leave, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 125g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cinnamon donuts
- 440g can pineapple slices
- Custard or cream to serve
- Aluminium foil
- Baking paper
- Combine butter, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Place six square sheets of aluminium foil on a bench and then place six sheets of baking paper inside foil (it helps if the paper is slightly smaller than the foil). Place a donut in the centre of each square.
- Spread the top of the donuts with half the butter mixture and top each with a pineapple ring. Spread the remaining butter mixture over the pineapple rings.
- Fold the paper around the donuts. Seal the parcels by bringing both sides of the foil to meet and then tightly roll and crimp the foil down at both edges.
- Cook the parcels, pineapple side down in a pile of hot coals for five minutes. Open and check the pineapple is caramelised. Reseal and return, pineapple side up for two minutes. Serve warm with custard or cream.
- Serves three-six hungry campers