Article by ARB 4X4 Culture
- 1.5-2kg boneless lamb leg
- 280g can dolmades
- 2 large red or yellow capsicums
- 1 sachet microwave rice
- ¼ cup marinated feta
- ½ cup antipasto mix, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Camp oven
- Pour a decent amount of olive oil in the base of your camp oven (around half a centimetre deep) and place camp oven on a shovel full of coals with the lid on to begin preheating.
- Meanwhile, remove lamb leg from packaging and remove any netting or twine. Drain dolmades and place in opened lamb leg (skin side down), stuffing them in any crevices. Empty the sachet of microwave rice into a bowl and mix with feta and antipasto mix. Slice the top off each capsicum and remove seeds. Stuff the capsicums with rice mixture, pressing down firmly, then replace capsicum tops.
- Once the oil in the camp oven is hot, carefully place the lamb leg inside, skin side down and slightly off centre. Place the capsicums next to the lamb, using the lamb to wedge them so that they remain upright. Replace the camp oven lid and shovel some coals on top.
- Cook for three hours, replacing the coals every hour. The lamb should fall apart with a fork when cooked.
- Feeds four hungry campers.