Article from Caravan Industry News
An all time favourite for a picnic just about anywhere on a glorious summers days is the Za’atar Pumpkin Salad. Cook it freshly while you laze on the beach, or catch up with a few great friends for a Sunday day out.
- 1/2 Butternut Pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 Red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Sumac
- 1 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1/4 Cup Pine nuts
- 8 Slices of Haloumi cheese
- Fresh salad ingredient such as Rocket and Spinach leaves
- Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- Mix the Pumpkin, Onion, Olive Oil, Sesame seeds, Salt, Sumac, and Thyme together and place in a tray, spaced out evenly. Cook for 45 min.
- When the Pumpkin mix is cooked, put it to one side to cool. Sprinkle Pine Nuts onto a tray, then add Haloumi. Cook for 20 minutes, turning Haloumi after 10 minutes.
- Scatter fresh ingredients on a plate, scatter the Pumpkin mix over them, then pine nuts and top with the Haloumi.
- Drizzle the Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar over the salad and serve.
Great with Crusty Sourdough Bread!