Life on the road is so much easier with a little effort before you leave. We always make up a huge batch of Bolognese sauce and freeze it. If you don’t have time, you can always buy pre-made Bolognese sauce from the supermarket (but there is nothing like the home made stuff).
Article from ARB 4X4 Culture
- 375g fresh lasagne sheets
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 900g ready-made bolognese pasta sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups firm ricotta
- 1 ½ cups grated pizza cheese
- Fresh basil
- Tear each lasagne sheet lengthways into three long strips.
- Using a large deep frying pan, add the spinach, pasta sauce and water. Stir to combine.
- Insert the pasta strips into the sauce, standing upright on long sides. Sprinkle with the ricotta and pizza cheeses. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered for five minutes until pasta is tender. Remove from heat and let stand for five minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.
- Feeds six hungry campers.