- T Bone steak (around 30-40mm thick)
- Olive Oil
- A hot OzPig with Chargrill Plate
- Start by bringing your steak up to room temperature, don’t make the mistake of throwing a cold steak onto a hot pan.
- Season all sides of the steak generously! Remember the golden rule, meat loves salt, and salt loves meat!
- Rub the steak with olive oil, don’t forget the sides too.
- Get your pan or grill hot – smoking hot! Now quickly sear all sides of the steak to seal in the juices.
- Now here is the important part – turn the steak often. Don’t give the juice a chance to leak out, lock it in by turning the steak every couple of minutes until you feel as though it is cooked to your liking.
- A quality steak is best served rare!
- Now it is time to rest the steak. It is important to note that even though the steak has been removed from the heat, it will still continue to cook a little. Aim for a resting time of around four to five minutes, depending on the thickness of your cut of meat. Throw a generous dob of butter on your steak while it rests for luxurious, lustrous finish.
Enjoy with a glass of Malbec or a quality Cabernet Sauvignon and tell us that this isn’t the best steak you’ve ever had!
Article from offroadadventureshow