Camp Kitchen: Tin-foil whole fish
Article from Which Car. Had some luck with the rod and reel during the day? Here’s the best way to turn that fish into a delectable supper. Ingredients 1 whole fish scaled and cleaned (snapper …
Article from Which Car.
Had some luck with the rod and reel during the day? Here’s the best way to turn that fish into a delectable supper.
- 1 whole fish scaled and cleaned (snapper is a great option!)
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tomato
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coriander
- 1 lime
- 2 lemons
- Pinch raw sugar
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Campfire Camp Grill
- Finely dice onion, tomato and coriander. Place into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add mustard seeds and shredded coconut and stir through.
- Next squeeze lime and one lemon in to the bowl followed by a pinch of sugar. Mix well.
- Slice second lemon into wedges.
- Place (scaled and cleaned) whole fish on to an oiled sheet of tin foil.
- Fill the inside of the fish with ¾ of filling and ¾ sliced lemon wedges. Top with leftover filling, lemon wedges, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap and seal fish in tin-foil sheet. Place on campfire grill over low coals for 30 to 45 mins depending on fish size.
- Serve with grilled veggies and camp oven rice.