Article from Caravan Industry News
Spice up your night with a Korean barbecue feast starring this barbecued chilli tofu side!
To Prep: 10mins
To Cook: 10mins
Serves: 6 People
- 3 x 320g pkts TLY Nigari Hard Stir Fry Tofu, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 125ml (1/2 cup) tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 60g (1/4 cup) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
Place the tofu, in a single layer, in a large glass or ceramic dish. Whisk the tamari, sugar, mustard powder, onion flakes and garlic powder in a jug. pour over the tofu. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
Preheat a barbecue flat plate on medium-high. Brush the barbecue with the oil. cook the tofu for 3 minutes each side or until caramelised. Transfer the tofu to a serving platter and top with shallot. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and dried chilli flakes.