These will make you the most popular person in camp
For images, videos and the full RV Daily experience, read this in our online magazine.
- 12 complete chicken wings – (remove/discard the tips and cut into joints)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced or ground ginger
- 1½ tablespoons dry
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- Preheat your camp oven to medium,
and drop in a trivet.
- Place everything but the chicken in a saucepan and bring to the boil on your gas stove.
Take off the heat.
- Place the chicken wings in a baking tin or deep enamel plate and pour over the hot sauce.
- Bake in your camp oven for around
90 minutes, checking and turning regularly
to coat in the sauce.
- Place plenty of coals on the oven to make it very hot for the last five minutes to crisp the wings up, but watch for burning.