Ben recently joined our team as our Sales and Service Manager and drives a pretty tough touring Prado!
- First Car? – VH Holden Commodore, soon after a Toyota 4runner.
- First Camping Experience? – As a kid, camping on the banks of Lake Macquarie before it was turned into a new housing estate. All I remember was being sick of eating crabs everyday for a week.. haha
- What Do You Drive Now?– 2012 Toyota Prado D4D 150 series GX
- What Has It Got On It?– Oh that list, the real one or the one the wife knows about?? Here we go- ARB deluxe colour coded bull bar, brush bars and side steps, Lightforce spotties, 12000lb winch, front recovery points, dual batteries inc dc to dc charger, snorkel, rhino roof platform, side and rear awnings, 17×8 kings steel wheels and 285/70/17 BF Goodrich Ko2’s, 2” outback armour lift kit with HD spring rate, Kaon underbody protection inc rear actuator guard, upgraded audio system inc satnav, rear camera and touch screen, Uniden UHF, Bury mobile phone cradle with booster antenna, iPad ram mount cradle and iPad with HEMA maps, 60L water bladder with 12v shower plumbed to rear of drawers, rear mounted permanent air compressor, 12V power panel with multiple outlet options, clear-view drop down fridge slide with ARB 47L fridge, rear drawers complete with recovery gear and camping equipment and finally my latest addition, the Kaon tailgate stainless steel fold down table.
- What Is Your Favourite Mod?– Wow tough question…. Probably the water storage with 12V shower, its great to able to give the kids a quick shower after being on the beach all day and not have them take all that sand inside the car.
- What Is Your Favourite Track/Drive/Campsite?– I recently did a lap of Tassie, absolutely loved the West coast, Climies track is hard to beat and Granville Harbour is a pretty special campground… The toughest track I’ve done in this rig would have to be Ring Road track out of Montezuma falls (Tas), a real test of vehicle and skill!
- What Are Your Future Plans For Your Setup?– Mods wise my next upgrade will be to a bat wing style awning and then its just more touring and camping, next big trip will be…….. The cape!! Can’t wait!