Image source: My Impossibly Tiny Kitchen
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn (~ 2 ears fresh corn) or frozen then thawed
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced (~ 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, replacing water with vegetable broth. (If it’s easier, you might consider making this ahead of time.)
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. For the corn, either use frozen or plan to grill on the BBQ when you’re here.
- Once quinoa has cooked, combine with all remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt, pepper or additional lime juice if desired.
- Toss well and serve warm, room temperature or cold.
Recipe: My Impossibly Tiny Kitchen