Article from RV Daily
Winter is fast-approaching, and whether you enjoy the chilly outdoor temperatures or dread them, one thing that’s undeniable is how delicious winter foods are! If you’re looking for a new feed to whip up on your next adventure then you’re in luck. This is possibly one of the best recipes for Camembert … ever!
- One large round of Camembert (or Brie)
- Pinch of dried mixed herbs
- Splash of white wine
1. Slice the top off the cheese, making a thin lid.
2. Score the open face of the cheese with a knife, being careful not to pierce the skin; this is to allow the wine to seep in.
3. Sprinkle with the mixed herbs and splash some wine on top. Replace the lid.
4. Wrap loosely in aluminium foil – and place on a trivet in your heated camp oven.
5. Heat on medium coals for 10 minutes, or until the centre is soft. Serve with water crackers or almond bread for dipping.
Variation: Instead of the herbs, try adding some chopped dried apricot and a splash of port.