Quick Lamb Curry
Article from RVDaily No need to wait hours for a spicy and tasty treat. Ingredients 500g boneless lamb ½ cup beef stock 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 brown onion, finely chopped 2 rounded tablespoons curry paste …
Article from RVDaily
No need to wait hours for a spicy and tasty treat.
Ingredients500g boneless lamb
½ cup beef stock
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 rounded tablespoons curry paste – mild or hot
1 tin diced tomatoes
Wedge of pumpkin cut into 1cm cubes
Salt and pepper
Thick, plain yoghurt to serve
Boiled rice to serve
Method 1. Place a deep frying pan over a gas stove at medium heat and pour in the beef stock, chopped onion and garlic. Bring to the boil, then turn down to low and simmer for five minutes until the onion is softened.
2. Cut the lamb into 3cm chunks and mix with the curry paste in a bowl, ensuring all the lamb is coated. Pour the onion mix out of the pan into a container or bowl and set it aside.
3. Splash a little oil in the pan and cook the lamb for a few minutes over medium heat, in three or four batches, to seal and lightly brown it. Set it aside.
4. Pour the onion mix back into the pan and stir through the tin of tomatoes, then bring it to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat, stir in the pumpkin cubes; and allow it to simmer for five minutes until it thickens (stirring occasionally).
5. Add the lamb pieces and stir in. Cover and allow to simmer for a further five minutes, or until the lamb is cooked and the pumpkin is tender.
6. Serve with rice and a dollop of yoghurt.