COOKING: SURF AND TURF
INGREDIENTS 2 x Lamb shanks 1 x Onion 3 x Cloves of garlic 1 x Cup of roughly chopped mushrooms 1 x Cup of diced red peppers 2 x Sprigs of thyme 2 x Bay …
2 x Lamb shanks 1 x Onion 3 x Cloves of garlic 1 x Cup of roughly chopped mushrooms 1 x Cup of diced red peppers 2 x Sprigs of thyme 2 x Bay Leaves 1 x Handful Basil Leaves 1 x Cup green olives 1 x Cup white wine 750ml Tomato passata 2 x Cups of beef stock 2 x Cups cooked cannellini beans 1 x Handful of chopped parsley 1 x Tblspn Butter Extra virgin olive oil
- Start by browning off your shanks in a nice hot pan with a bit of oil, give them no more than 45 seconds per side.
- Carefully add a little olive oil to a hot pan, then add your chopped garlic, a finely diced onion and diced bacon and stir together.
- Add mushrooms, red peppers and whole sprigs of thyme and two bay leaves.
- Roughly tear up your fresh basil leaves and add them to the pot.
- Add salt, pepper and green olives, then sweat if off for roughly five minutes.
- Now add your two shanks, white wine and 750ml of tomato passatta (or tinned crushed tomato)
- Add the beef stock, and then drop in a big tablespoon of butter, and simmer over a low heat for roughly 90 mins or until the meat is falling off the bone.
- One the meat is ready add your beans and roughly chopped parsley and stir through for around thirty seconds, then serve with a nice glass of white or a cold, crisp beer!
Article from offroadadventureshow