Recipe from RV Daily
Time: 20 mins
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ red capsicum, seeded and diced
- ½ green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 good handful chopped chard (silverbeet)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Chilli powder to taste
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or fry pan on medium heat. Add the chopped chard, capsicum and onion and cook for five minutes or until the onion becomes translucent. Add garlic and the spices and cook for an additional minute.
Pour the can of tomatoes and juice into the pan and break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
Use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
Garnish with chopped coriander and parsley.