We talk about how to prepare for a trip out into the Snow. Snow driving is a lot of fun, but the conditions are very different to other types of 4 wheel driving.
Snow driving is usually done in very cold environments, so preparation is a lot more important. Spending a night out in the snow can be life threatening if you are not prepared for it.
- What equipment should you think about taking out on a snow trip.
- We talk tyres, what type and what pressure you should be running.
- Alpine Diesel fuel – what is it and when you should use it.
- When you should carry chains.
- How conditions change when driving in snow and on icy roads.
We also talk about the upcoming 9th Annual Victorian gathering in November 2016 at Sheepyard Flat.
This is a great opportunity for people new to 4 wheel driving and camping to get together with other 4x4earth members. There will be a lot of 4×4 tracks to be done and a lot of people who can make your first or second time out a nice and easy trip out. Sheepyard’s is a gateway to some amazing tracks and huts. This is Australia’s largest free 4 wheel drive weekend away, so check out the details and come along!
This article was originally posted by 4X4 Earth.